Friday, March 9, 2007

That Queer Looking Cat



My addiction to cats is what led me to Devon Rex. I have this strange affinity towards "queer looking" things and creatures (I myself am odd at times). It was but ordinary to get knocked off by the "Devon Bug." I then started my research about this breed by reading some of the information available online and inquiring from exhibitors and breeders. It was also lucky having met, Ms. Debbie Van Patten (of Pattnchat Devon Rex) and her husband, Mr. Eric at a local cat show. They later became my mentors; carefully guiding and supporting my desire to show/ breed this lovely cats. Pattnchat Cattery is known throughout the continental US and Europe; having produce some of the best devons in the country. The pedigree behind there lines are exquisite; comprised with different titles such as Grand Champion, Grand Premiers, Regional and National Breed Winners.

I started my love affair with devons by showing in premiership at first, GC PR RW Pattnchat Sweetums of Karastan. She's our dainty Tortie and White Devon that captured the hearts of CFA Judges and fellow cat fanciers. She is a darling, enjoys traveling and strutting herself in the ring; she's also one of our most cherished pets. She later retired adding a Premier title to her name. About late 2006, we then decided to acquire our breeding cats. We were blessed having been gifted two adorable elfins --- Pattnchat Cuddle Bug of Karastan (Red McTabby) and Pattnchat Poke-A-Dot of Karastan (Brown Patch Tabby & White). Cuddle Bug carries agouti gene that would add vibrant tabby's in our program. Poka on the other hand would help develop our bicolor class. These two cats are carefully linebred to bring out there bloodlines best attributes. From the head, body, coat and even the ear jugs that gives these cats the elfin expression.

These cats have been carefully handpicked for us by our good friends at Pattnchat Cattery, I am forever grateful for there kindness, generosity, acceptance, friendship and mentorship. I hope to make you proud one day!

No comments: